tReds is committed to respecting your privacy whilst providing the highest possible quality service and we recognise your need to know that your personal data is being lawfully processed and held in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal data is any information that relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data and so covers the information you may provide to us.
3. Data Controller
tReds is the data controller of your personal data and we will only collect information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Our contact details are listed below.
4. Data Collection
We collect information from you when you register or when you enter your email address to receive updates to our site, which includes:-
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your company name, address, telephone number.
This information is collected from the online forms that you complete and submit to tReds.
5. Use of Personal Data
We use the information that you personally provide to:
- Improve the information and support we provide
- Process any requests you make
- Provide you with information about products and services we offer
- Conduct marketing research
In the interests of continually improving our services to you we may contact you from time to time to information you of new products and services that are relevant to you. We are committed to giving you the choice of whether or not to receive such information. If you do not wish to be contacted by us, please tick the opt-out box on the online form. If you wish to opt back in at any time you can do this by sending us an email.
6. Sensitive Information
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your express consent.
7. Transfer of Personal Data
If we intend to transfer your personal data outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first.
8. Third Parties use of your Personal Data
tReds will not sell or share your personal data with others.
tReds strives to keep your personal data up to date and accurate. We will amend or delete inaccurate data as soon as reasonably practical after a request from you to do so.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you may request details of personal information which we hold about you. A small fee will be payable. This fee, presently, does not exceed £10.00.
We also collect information automatically about your visit to our Site. The information obtained in this way, which includes demographic data and browsing patterns, is only used in aggregate form, and as such cannot be used to identify you personally. Such aggregate information helps us to audit usage of our web site and improve the service provided.
Data is collected in the shop using a web analysis tool (
A cookie is a piece of information which a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer. The browser then saves the information and sends it back to the website server. When that browser returns to the same website the cookie will recognise the user. A cookie will typically contain details such as the domain from which the cookie has come from, a value which is usually a random unique number as an identifier and the lifetime (expiry) of the cookie.
There are 3 types of cookies used on this website:
• Session Cookies: allowing us to "remember" content from page to page (these expire when you leave the website or close the browser).
• Persistent Cookies: which define "Time To Live" and help us to determine your preferences (these will expire after the "Time To Live" period)
• Third Party Cookies: these are cookies from any other domain, such as recommended product and advertising services.
What will a cookie do for me?
What if I do not accept cookies?
If you choose not to accept a cookie you will not be able to purchase any products online. However, you may still place an order on our Freefone order line: 0800 635 0021
tReds wants to provide a good customer experience on the website and here's an example of how cookies can allow this to happen:
• Shopping Experience: To remember the items that you have added to your basket to make the checkout process easier when you return back to the website.
• Content: Show you relevant content such as product recommends depending on your browser and buyer behaviour.
• User Behaviour: Analytics to track website visits and clicks for pages visited with hourly transaction volume. This allows us to see how our customers like to use our website and which pages or functions they prefer, this allows us to continually improve our service.
• Third Party: Selected partner cookies which track where the users visit originated from. This allows us to see where their visit originated from, especially advertising on partner sites or affiliates, present appropriate offers and helps prevent fraud and detect spammers.
Turning off / disallowing / disabling or deleting cookies:
The majority of internet browsers will provide an option to disallow cookies. You can usually find how to do this in the help menu for your browser. Cookies can also be deleted by using your internet browser, but you must disallow otherwise they will be reapplied the next time you visit a website.
tReds is committed to ensuring the security of your personal data. In order to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your personal data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use encryption when collecting or transferring credit card information and do not store this data on our servers.
20/05/2012 - Update for new cookie regulations
14. Contact us